HNFE's unique fusion of nutrition and exercise sciences positions us as a leader in education, prevention, research, and translational studies.
We examine the psychosocial aspects of health, behavioral interventions, human performance, and youth and adult weight management with a focus on chronic disease and prevention.
Our mission is:
- to discover, translate, and disseminate health-related advances in the nutrition, food, and exercise sciences.
- promote health and wellness with an emphasis on translational science, service to the community, and providing quality education for students.
HNFE Fall Seminars (3pm, Fralin Auditorium)
- 10/27: John Lawler, "nNOS and Skeletal Muscle Real Estate: Location, Location, Location"
- 11/03: Journal readings and discussion: Chaodong Wu
- 11/10: Chaodong Wu, "Healthy Obesity: dissociation of fat deposition and inflammation"
- 11/17: Hepler Presentations
- 12/01: Journal readings and discussion: Jeff Horowitz
- 12/08: Jeff Horowitz, "Impact of exercise and diet on insulin resistance metabolic health in obesity"