Dietetics Policies, Forms, and Resources
Bachelor of Science DIET option requirements:
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher must be maintained throughout enrollment in the program.
- Like all HNFE undergraduate students, a grade of “C” or better is required in HNFE 1004, CHEM 1035, CHEM 1036, and CHEM 2535 or CHEM 2514.
- It is possible to take some required DPD courses at institutions other than VT. However, the following courses must be taken at VT: HNFE 2004, HNFE 3034, HNFE 3025/4025, HNFE 3026/4026, HNFE 4004, HNFE 4125, HNFE 4126.
- For questions about transferring courses into Virginia Tech, please visit the HNFE Academic Advising Center.
Process to be issued a DPD Verification Statement:
- Complete the Verification Statement Application that you receive via email from the DPD Director in your final year of the program or post-graduation.
Graduate students interested in pursuing a career as a registered dietitian nutritionist should review the opportunities in HNFE's Master of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics program.
DPD Policy Documents:
- Policy #1: Dietetics Programs Committee Purpose, Composition, and Responsibilities
- Policy #2: ACEND Verification Statement Qualification & Issuance Procedure for Undergraduate Students earning a B.S. in HNFE
- Policy #3: ACEND Verification Statement Qualification Issuance Procedure for Graduate Students and HNFE Alumni
- Policy #4: Procedure for Selecting, Evaluation, and Maintaining Agreements for Experiential Learning Sites