HNFE is a restricted major that requires students maintain certain grade and GPA standards:
- All students must maintain an in-major GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- All students must earn a C or better in HNFE 1004, CHEM 1035, CHEM 1036, and CHEM 2535 OR 2514.
- DIET option, double major, and double option students must maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- SFNE students must maintain an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher.
HNFE's advising model pairs advisors with faculty mentors:
This shared partnership empowers students to establish academic, career, and life goals. Students are guided to reach their full academic potential by assuming responsibility for decision making, critical thinking, and utilizing available resources.
Our academic advisors meet with students during each academic term to provide accurate information about university, college, and departmental policies. Advisors also monitor student progress according to satisfactory progress rules, advise on plans of study, and assist students in exploring possibilities for course substitutions and transfer credit.
- Academic Calendar
- Cook Counseling Center
- Dean of Students
- HNFE Undergraduate Student Handbook 2017-18
- Hokie Handbook
- Student Success Center
- VT Google Apps Portal
- VT Timetable of Classes
- VT Undergraduate Advising
- VT Undergraduate Catalog
- VT Undergraduate Forms
- VT University Honors College
- VT University Registrar