Enette Larson-Meyer, PhD, RD, CSSD, FACSM
- Director, Master in Nutrition and Dietetics Program
- Graduate Program Faculty
Clinical Physiology and Metabolism
Dr. Larson-Meyer is trained in both nutrition/dietetics and exercise science. Her general interests include energy metabolism, endocrine (non-diabetes) and metabolic disorders, plant-based nutrition, sports nutrition, and clinical research. Her research interests center around how nutrition influences the health and performance of active individuals at all stages of the lifecycle and at all levels of performance--from the casual exerciser to the elite athlete. Her most recent research has focused on assessment of iodine and vitamin D status and the importance of these nutrients in disease prevention, general wellness and exercise performance. Enette has served on several recent International Olympic Committee (IOC) consensus panels and is an International Advisory Board Member for the IOC Sports Nutrition Diploma. She is a Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine and serves as an Associate Editor for Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise and The Science and Medicine of Football.
BOOK CHAPTERS & SCIENTIFIC REPORTS
- Ingold B, Alexander BM, Fensterseifer SR, Austin, KA, Wechler P and Larson-Meyer DE. Sun exposure in Growing Pigs Increases the Vitamin D Nutritional Quality of Pork. Laramie Research and Experimental Center (LREC) Reports, Field Days Bulletin, 2016: 33-34.
- Kerr D and Larson-Meyer DE. Bone, Calcium, Vitamin D and Exercise. In: LM Burke and V Deakin, eds. Clinical Sports Nutrition, 5th ed. Sydney, AU: McGraw-Hill , 2015: 234-265.
- Larson-Meyer DE. Vitamin D. In: LM Castell, SJ Stear and LM Burke, eds. Nutritional Supplements in Sport, Exercise and Health. An A-Z Guide. Oxford, UK: Routledge Publishers, 2015: 261-265.
- Larson-Meyer DE. The importance of Vitamin D for Athletes, SSE #148. Gatorade Sports Science Institute (GSSI), 2015.
- Larson-Meyer DE. Calcium and Vitamin D. In: RJ Maughan, ed. Encyclopedia of Sports Medicine: Sports Nutrition. Oxford, UK: John Wiley & Sons, Nov 2013: 242-262.
- Thomas JJ, Larson-Meyer DE. Vitamin D and Exercise Performance. In: Constantini N and Hackney AC, eds. In Endocrinology in Physical Activity and Sport. New York, NY: Springer Science and Business Media, 2013: Chapter 18: 339-362.
- Larson DE and Ruscigno M. Plant Based Sports Nutrition Expert Fueling Strategies for Training, Recovery and Performance. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics, 2020
- The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Professionals in Nutrition for Exercise and Sport (PINES)
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)
- Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group (SCAN)
- Vegetarian Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group
- Nutrition Research Dietetic Practice Group
- Food and Culinary Professionals Dietetic Practice Group
- ISAK Certification, level 1, March 2016
- Yoga Teacher Certification, May 2015
- HNFE 5354 – Food for Optimal Health
- HNFE 5394 – Professional Practice in Nutrition and Dietetics
- HNFE 5334 – Clinical Nutrition Care Applications
- Agriculture Experimentation Station (AES) 2018 Outstanding Research Award, Dec 2017
- UW Mortar Board Cap & Gown Chapter, Top Prof Award, Fall 2016
- Dannon Mid-Career Nutrition Leadership Institution Selectee, 2016
- Sports Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition (SCAN) Achievement Award Recipient, 2014
- ADA Vegetarian Nutrition Award of Excellence in Service and Leadership, 2006
- Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine, Elected 2002
1998, Ph.D, Nutrition Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham
1990, M.S., Clinical Dietetics, MGH Institute of Health Professions
1988, Dietetic Internship, Massachusetts General Hospital
1987, B.S., Dietetics, University of Wyoming