The program fee is $9000, while the fee for ISPP Interns is $10,000.
(see ISPP Policy)
- Virginia Tech application fee: $50
- Computer matching fee: $55 (one-time fee paid to D&D Digital to participate in the match process)
- Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS) fee: $50 for first program and $25 for each additional program
Other estimated expenses:
- Monthly rent, utilities, food: Blacksburg: $600-900, Northern Virginia: $1300*
- Textbooks: $200 (varies, depending on books retained from DPD program)
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics student membership: $58
- Lab coat: $25
- Car expenses (gas, insurance, parking, etc.): varies**
- Pre-placement immunizations and physical exam: varies
- Health insurance: varies
- Background checks, drug screening, basic life support training: $200 (varies)***
- Meals and local transportation costs during trips: $100
* In order to stay within this range in Northern Virginia, a roommate would be needed.
** A car and valid driver's license or other form of private transportation are necessary for traveling to classes and facilities as public transit is not always available. Northern Virginia interns incur a $3.00 parking expense for the weekly class.
*** Must successfully complete a background check and drug screen; inability to successfully pass may result in inability to be placed in practice sites and ultimate dismissal from the program.
Financial Aid: information about financial aid and deferments