HNFE is the fifth most popular major at Virginia Tech, so check out our Prospective Student section if you are interested in our two options:
HNFE is a restricted major that requires students maintain certain grade and GPA standards.
- Our unique course offerings develop students with a strong foundation of knowledge, excellent oral and written communications skills, and the ability to critique and analyze research within the field.
- We support student involvement in extra-curricular opportunities and individual learning experiences outside the classroom, recognizing that these activities promote leadership skills, networking, lifelong learning, and a commitment to community service.
Highlights of our program:
- 60-70% of alumni are accepted into professional/graduate programs post-graduation
- Funded undergraduate research opportunities (Translational Obesity Undergraduate Research Scholars) and The Fralin Summer Research Fellowship)
- Academic success: 46%+ of our undergraduates are on the Dean's List