HNFE’s unique fusion of nutrition and exercise sciences positions us to advance knowledge in education, prevention, research, and translational studies. Collaborative interactions among faculty are strong and span from “Cells to Society”.
Our research portfolio includes:
- Molecular and cellular regulation of macronutrient metabolism in obesity and chronic disease
- Psychosocial aspects of health
- Behavioral interventions for physical activity
- Nutrition and weight management in youth and adults
- Nutrition and human performance
- Cardiovascular disease and hypertension
- Effective health promotion in limited resource populations
- Nutraceuticals for the treatment/prevention of cancer and chronic diseases
- Muscle function and pathogenesis of Duchene Muscular Dystrophy
To learn more about our faculty and their research interests, visit our Faculty Page.